September 2, 2012

Look Deep Into My Eyes

Kodee_Worry_BW_btdd

I was taking a lazy moment this Sunday to catch up on my favourite dog blogs. First up was fashionista Bunny at Tales and Tails and I was immediately struck by how thoughtful she looked. Then I headed to my buddy Brown Dog and thought WOW great minds think alike, another great Black and White photograph! So I had another sip of my coffee and it hit me. I'm a little slow off the mark today, it's new blog hop!! Double bonus I am thinking! A new DOG blog hop that is also a PHOTOGRAPHY blog hop. Nice to meet you Penny at "My Life In Dog Years"

I am a big fan of black and white photography but for some reason, I have never converted one of my own  photographs. What I love about black and white photography, is how it doesn't have a lot of distractions so one aspect of the photograph will stand out. If you want to see the colour version it is [HERE]. Which one do you like best? I'm leaning towards this one I think.

Go Fetch!
Looking for inspiration?
180 Beautiful Black and White Images
Pinterest Black and White Dog Photographs

[Read More...]




10 Comments:

houndstooth said...

I loved the color version, and the black and white is just as fantastic! I love them both, and I don't think I can make a pick. I love the simplicity of the shot and way you captured her!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

Thanks so much for stoppin' by for a visit. I'm so glad y'all could make it!

Your photo looks like a fantastic etching or pen and ink drawing!

Hope y'all are havin' a wonderful weekend.

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Dachshund Nola said...

The b&w is my fav! Thanks for joining
Nola

Kathy said...

And Miss Kodee is a perfect subject for black and white!

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

That's too hard of a choice. You really nailed it with the title 'cause in black and white her eyes really hit you. In color you get her overall beauty. I so wish you were closer and could shoot my dogs all the time! I need someone who has patience and understands Cav's for Maizey. I'm a bit worried about our shoot with Seth Casteel next month. . .

Anyways, beautiful shot no matter what color!

jen said...

Beautiful picture! I love the innocence of black and white photos!

Juno said...

Paws up for black and white version!!

Thank you for your barkday wishes! It means a lot to us!

Momo & Pinot xo

Debbie said...

Oh I can't decide. I love both. Because Kodee is a tri - I think I love to see her in living colour.

CZYK Publishing said...

Beautiful hair! I love these dogs!

Soggibottom said...

It's always such a pleasure to visit here...
Thank you by the way... xxxxxx

I'm sure all pups have great homes by now:-) just to remind you... :-) there is always another if you get stuck :-) :-) :-) luvs xxxxxxxxxxxx

I love black and white photo's too.. this pic is one to frame and hang on a wall.. xxx

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page