July 3, 2009

Cavalier Fanciers Southern Ontario Specialty Show

Close your eyes and picture a hundred or so Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in the pouring rain all morning. Now don't open your eyes, breath deep. Smell it? Ya YUCK! Words escape me!

Last Sunday, June 28th we went to the Cavalier Fanciers of Southern Ontario, Specialty Show - IN THE POURING RAIN, EEK! OK, honestly, it really was a fun day visiting friends and watching magnificient Cavaliers move in the show ring.


The Cavalier Fanciers of Southern Ontario members collect gifts to be used in a raffle. The donations were spectacular and one particular handbag caught my eye. It was a hand-painted picture of all four coloured Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I have been on the hunt for a bag that would sling across my chest to use on day-trips. I want it light-weight but big enough to hold my camera, cell phone, a few dog treats, oh and although my husband would like me to forget my money, I won't!

There it was the perfect bag! ARG but they won't let me buy it, noooo I must win it! 10 tickets for $5 seemed like a good deal and usually I have good luck on draws! I waited one by one as they called up the winners. Not even close to any of my numbers were called. A friend's ticket finally won though. She went in the barn to choose her gift. A short while later she appeared beside me and handed me my bag! I tell you, it was the sweetest thing anyone has done for me in a long time! Is't it beautiful - ahhh I love it!

Look at this 6 month old Tri named Jack and the beautiful black and tan Cyrstal! Also watch a video of the Best of Show event. If you listen closely at the end of the video you can hear Kodee having a melt down I had the nerve to step away from her side lol.


About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page