January 10, 2011

Pet Bloggers Challenge

Pet Blogger ChallengeSo many blogs out there and not enough hours in the day to visit them all! I admit it. I am addicted to blogging. I take comfort in numbers; knowing more BlogAnonymous members are out there, tapping on their keyboard with me.

The Pet Blogger Challenge is about taking a hard cold look at why we do what we do. Bare our souls daily, share our personal photos, rant, or lend support. The answers I am sure will be diversified but probably hold one common interest. A love of communication.
[Read More...]
 Here are my answers to the Pet Blogger Challenge.

1. When did you begin your blog?
My first blog was "Miss Kodee" in the fall of 2009. 10 months later, the spunky Becky came to live with us. The blog name Miss Kodee just wasn't going to cut it anymore. Bark'n About was born June of that year.

2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
My background is Marketing Communications. That means I spent years writing what others wanted, trying to influence change on other people's causes or promote products I didn't necessarily like. As dog blogs became popular I saw an opportunity to finally write what I wanted, how I wanted, when I wanted. Selfish? Yes! That is the point! It's "All About Me!"

3. Is your current purpose the same? If not, what’s different? If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?

There were initially, 4 reasons why I began blogging; paramount - a love of writing, a keen interest playing with graphic design, sharing my adventures hiking or day tripping and promoting responsible dog ownership. My goals for 2011 will add a 5th reason; to become a better hobby photographer. Expect more photo overload with my opinionated words.

4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?

Remember how I said my blog was about me, writing how I want? Following that same thinking path is the fact it happens on my terms too.  I tend to write when I want. There never is a game plan. I will just be walking the dogs, or reading someone else's post and bam. An idea or opinion pops into my head and off I go. Very spontaneous. In my opinion, blogging is not like a newsletter with set dates.

5. Are you generating income from your blog? If so, how (e.g. sponsor ads, affiliate relationships, spokesperson opportunities)?

I have been paid to write and it's very satisfying work! This is different though, Bark'n About is where I let you peek at my private journal. I write what I want. Once someone pays me, it becomes what they want.

6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?

Blogging presents me with an opportunity to meet like minded dog owners. It also introduces me to not like minded bloggers who challenge my own thinking. I love that; it keeps me open minded by challenging my thoughts and I hope sometimes I challenge others thinking too.

7. What do you like least?

The fact I didn't notice blogger had a built in spell checker for a year. The fact now I know, I keep forgetting to use it.

8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2011?
Writing  and letting you get to know me, "Beyond the Dog Dish".

~ Ramblings By Debbie

Go Fetch!
Click the logo to read more Pet Blogger Challenge stories.

Pet Blogger Challenge

17 Comments:

Pup Fan said...

Enjoyed reading your post!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

We love your post and reading more about you!! Lots of love, Holly and mom

Team Kenzo said...

Glad to get you know you better. Your background explains your excellent writing skills. Made me laugh when you wrote "after writing what others want ... it's all about me!" It must be tremendously liberating to be able to use your skills to your own benefit instead of other's. Although, we are still enjoying what you are writing. Maybe we are all a little selfish :)

Amy said...

Great post! I too am a horrendous speller. Spell check is a life saver. If you're ever doing a day trip and would like to write it up as a guest post for the GoPetFriendly blog, please let me know.

Soggibottom said...

I'm my own editor :-)
Beyond your dog dish is.... probably me, with my own dog dish. Always empty but hey ho......
I live to eat another day :-) :-) :-) lots of love AMIE SOTO BLOSSOM :-) X X X
love the post by the way !

hornblower said...

I'm hopping through the challenge participants :-)

I'm dipping into your archives - enjoyed your post on Backyard Breeders Beware!

Elaine Pritchard said...

Thanks for telling us more about your blogging.

It's great to learn more about the friends we have made.

Love and licks Winnie

georgia little pea said...

I love that you mentioned meeting both likeminded and NOT likeminded bloggers, and being challenged by and learning from both groups. So true :)

Have a great day!

Kristine said...

I would love to get to know you more, "beyond the dog dish". Though our dogs are all vital to what we do and I adore reading all about them, it is the human connection I feel the most when I write and comment on other people's writings. There are some things our pets just can't do for us, it seems. Who knew?

It made me laugh when you said you didn't know about the spell-checker. I certainly haven't noticed any major errors so clearly you don't need it!

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all and hello Ms Kodee!

Thanks for stoppin' by! BOL when I read your comment about my comment on your video post!

I'm a very social fellow and I love meetin' all the pawed ones who are challenged with keeping our humans happy!

It's interesting sometimes to get the "Human perspective"...

Have a great day!
Hawk aka BrownDog

Karen Friesecke said...

#6 on your list is a good one! Blogging has exposed me to many other points of view that I might never have though of & made me think of things in different ways.

I had a good giggle when you admitted that you had been using Blogger for a year and didn't notice that it had a spell checker! I couldn't live without mine!

Edie said...

Thanks for taking part in the challenge. It was great to meet you and your blog.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

i love the passion you are feeling.
thank you for the commnet you left me,,, it means a lot to me
love
tweedles

KimT said...

It is so great to meet you - I'm looking forward to "digging" through all of your posts!

KimT said...

It is so great to meet you - I'm looking forward to "digging" through all your posts!

Vicky said...

Love the CKCs! My husband has wanted one forever, but for now we have the Doodlebug. Nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Just left a perfectly charming comment just to get a Blogger error message that deleted it (grrrrr). I think it contained the secret to livelong riches and eternal life.

Ah well, just wanted to say I enjoyed your blog and your photos are marvelous.

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page