January 1, 2011

Top 5 Blog Posts I Loved Reading

Yesterday we posted our 2010 Top 10 Posts readers loved reading here at Bark'n About. Today I am joining others and listing my favourite Top 5 Posts written by other bloggers. Just 5? Whoa hard!

I decided to choose a variety of topics because it resembles my blog style. Random; a little bit of crazy fun, a little bit of promoting responsible dog ownership, a little bit of sharing interests and some breed specific musings.

1. Embee Cavaliers: Ethical Breeding
This is probably the best written article explaining the various types of dog breeders, how to find a reputable one and what health tests to ask for written verification on.
[Read More...]

2. Kenzo the Horvawort: The Small Fearful Dog Therapist
A thoughtful look into dog personalities. This post made me rethink a few thoughts I had.

3. Lessons From and For 4 Legs: Tricky Maisey Load Up the Suitcase
I bounce between playing with my dogs and obedience training. I love learning from this blog; it reminds me training can be both at the same time. This particular video is just plain CUTE!

4. Honey the Great Dane: The End of My Dancing Career
Who doesnt know Honey!! What an inspiration; dancing, agiltiy, therapy dog, obedience, rally and blogger. I love this post because it reminds me of my stint in competition with riding horses. Sometimes we need to sit back and decide if we really want the goal we are chasing.

5. Two Little Cavalier: Davinia's Story, 6 Months to the Day
A heartbreaking story where I am sitting on shells hoping one day to be able to read the end. Those who know me, know I have a fear of large dogs. Not near me but near my dogs. It stems from a rotten trainer thinking to command her German Sheppard to hold down my Lab by the throat was somehow appropriate training. She then went on to tell me as my dog was in a throat hold how she could instruct her dog to snap my dogs neck but her dogs where so well trained they would not hurt mine unless she commanded... yeah, it has left a chilling mark on me...

Also take a look at this week's The Saturday Pet Bloggers Hop! Bring on 2011 with more crazy fun, learning experiences, shared memories and challenging thoughts!


11 Comments:

Team Kenzo said...

Thank you so much for having Kenzo's small fearful dog therapist on your list, I feel truly honored.

Hope Kenzo can restore some of your faith in larger dogs. What you described of the trainer with the German shepherd makes me sick to my stomach. I think it is especially the responsibility of "us" larger dog owners to make sure they do are properly socialized not to bully smaller dogs. Doing cut-throat excercises on command has nothing to do with that, that trainer is sick and should not be alowed to come near ANY dog. No wonder it has left a chilling mark on you.

On another note. The other posts I didn't know and they are absolutely wonderful. The #1 post about how to recognize a good breeder is must read material. Glad that I have met you!

houndstooth said...

Another cool list! There's a lot to think about on there.

We are wishing you a wonderful and happy New Year!

Bunny

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Another list of wonderful things to read!! Thank you!!

Happy New Year and we wish you the very best for this year!!

Lots of love, Holly and mom

Debbie said...

Happy New Year! I love both of your lists.

Mary Haight said...

Hey, thanks for joining in - some people have said this is a "brave" thing to do:)I think it's a tough thing to edit, as you can see from my run-on mentions of other bloggers! Nice to meet you and the bloggers you appreciate!

All the best and brightest for the New Year!

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Thanks so much for mentioning us!! I feel truly honored that you felt Maizey's video was helpful. Now I am off to read the rest of your lists! Thanks again!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi
Its me Tweedles,,,
I think you have lots to share with us , so that is why I am here.
I like to "broaden my horizon".
Thank you for the comment on my bloggie
HAPPY NEW YEAR
love
tweedles

Kristine said...

This looks like such a great list. I look forward to going through it all. It looks like I have much to learn. Yay!

Soggibottom said...

Happy New Year young pup. :-) x x x

Rouky said...

Thanks SO MUCH Debbie for putting on this great list. I'll have a lot of reading to do in 2011, but it's going to make my daily life at home with a baby and 2 cavaliers much better, I'm sure...

Two Little Cavaliers said...

What the heck kind of trainer would do that to a customers dog? I would have been terrified watching that. There was no need to have her dog do that and to top it off to tell you it would be easy to kill your dog that way.

Hopefully the day I can tell Davinia's entire story is getting closer and closer.

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page