June 9, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Hiking


Whoo Hoo! It's the weekend and that means hikes and exploring! Be sure to watch the video of me wearing my new boots at the end of this post.

Being a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel means I am not exactly a wash and dry pup! We have long feathers on our legs, a ground sweeping tail and furry under pads on our feet! It's sort of like this; hike an hour, groom an hour!


When Mom first saw dog boots she burst out laughing! Then the snowstorms hit and she realized they may not be so funny. My slippers collect snow and I end up with gigantic snowballs on my feet. If your just going out for quick "business" then you don't need boots. Mom likes to say 'she walks rain, sleet, blizzard, 30 minutes a day.' Well, in that case my boots are needed because of deep snow, salt on the road (which burns my feet) and those twigs in the woods can HURT! So we test drove a some boots.
Muttluks All Weather Boots All my cavalier friends have them and swear by them. Mom can't get them on me though and when she does I manage to get them off pretty fast. We think it's because I am between sizes.
Pawz Disposable and Reusable All Weather Dog Boots

OK, these really aren't boots - they are more like balloons. Honestly, we did rip a few but in their defense, they don't cost much and they definitely are 100% waterproof. Great for those really muddy days. Besides, it's worth the smile people give you when they see your feet!
The Winner! Ruff Wear Bark'n Boots Grip Trex Dog Boots. All-condition, all-terrain, all-season paw wear with amazing traction and protection. This is the boot I am wearing in the photo at the start of this post. The Bark'n Boot opens up in the front so they are easy to put on. It's a great summer hiking boot plus a winter storm boot! If you look at the picture, you'll also notice I am wearing Companion Road Bootie Socks in my boots. This helped with the size if your boots are a bit big. Mom says it would have been great if we'd owned these when I was a puppy and ran around silly with the "zoomies".

Here's moi on the trails at Herber Downs Conservation Area. I love hiking on the path along the stream. There are some mighty big hills to climb though. OK so Dad had to carry me up a few *blush* No wonder I needed boots - look at the forest I'm in!


Go Fetch! A video of me In my boots! Opps I lost one boot at the end because Mom didn't put in on tight enough! After I got used to them, I stopped prancing like a horse and I have to admit, it was nice not having sticks and stones hurt my paws!

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page