December 8, 2012

Photo A Day Advent Calendar: Day 8

Advent

December 8, 2012

Photo A Day Advent Calendar: Day 8

Christmas Dog
By Shel Silverstein

Tonight's my first night as a watchdog,
And here it is Christmas Eve.
The children are sleeping all cozy upstairs,
While I'm guardin' the stockin's and tree.

What's that now---footsteps on the rooftop?
Could it be a cat or a mouse?
Who's this down the chimney?
A thief with a beard--- And a big sack for robbin' the house?

 I'm barkin', I'm growlin', I'm bitin' his butt.
He howls and jumps back in his sleigh.
I scare his strange horses, they leap in the air.
I've frightened the whole bunch away.

 Now the house is all peaceful and quiet again.
The stockin's are safe as can be.
Won't the kiddies be glad when they wake up tomorrow
And see how I've guarded the tree.


* * * * * * * * *
A Dog Inspired "Advent Calendar" Blog Hop. One photo each day with your dog (or other pet) and something either green or red! There is still time to join the fun at "Leash Free Living"

View the 2012 Christmas Bark Down Photo Collection

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very funny! Thanks for sharing that poem!(Those guard dogs are pretty cute, too!)

Anonymous said...

Very funny poem! (And those guard dogs are pretty cute, too!) Thanks for sharing!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing the beautiful poem with me- my little friend.
love
tweedles

houndstooth said...

This is one of my favorite photos of yours ever! I really love your lighting in this, and the girls look perfect. That poem is fantastic, and I just might have to use that one myself this year.

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Blog Archive

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page