September 10, 2011

It Was a Barking Random Fine Week!

Random Thing 1


Photobucket
K9 Kamp Pup and Human Fitness Challenge!
Grab your gym bag, grab your pooch and get moving! From Sept 8 to Oct 13 head over to Kol's Notes and Peggy's Pet Place to get your weekly fitness challenge instructions. Don't worry they promise to start off kind and slowly kill us with harder demands! I have no more excuses not to get out there. My area has cooled down so I'm ready to roll along the hiking trails again with dogs, camera and husand in tow. Read Kol's own story on why he needs to personally get fit here.

Random Thing 2

October marks the one year anniversary of acquiring my first DSLR camera and I have embraced every minute of this journey spent learning. It all started with finding Scruffy Dog Photography. The minute I viewed the creative, unique works of Illona Haus I was inspired to try and learn to take better photographs of Kodee and Becky. So I did what any half-crazed, desperate person does - first harassed my husband till a camera graced my hands and second stalked Illona through her Scuffy Dog Blog.

The one thing that really strikes home with me about her photographs are the little, personal details she captures. I really want to have these small details to treasure for my lifetime of Kodee and Becky. Subtle things like a paw, or the tip of their nose in close detail. I want more than a photograph of a dog sitting staring up at me. 

So this week when I read that Blacks Photography had interviewed Scruffy Dog Photography, I just had to share it with you. Watch it - I promise you'll love it.



Random Thing 3
Joint Care Help!
Kodee is on a medication that contributes to bone loss. I do what I can to lessen any joint damage and to hold off the development of arthritis by using glucosamine and chondroidtin. Fish oil has never agreed with Kodee's tummy. 

Recently Dog's Naturally Magazine raved about coconut oil and the great benefits it provides; bone health, digestion, immune support, skin conditioning and more. So far Kodee is tolerating it and I do see some improvement in her coat. But I still need her on a good supplement and I just ran out of my jar of Dr. Maggies Joint Supplement.

So I stopped by the Pet Store today and saw for the first time  Sasha Blenda Canadian product. 
"It's more than just "glucosamine and chondroidtin. It is a rich source of natural compounds including the full range of GAGs that have joint protective properties".
Ok... not sure what all that means so I want to know if anyone is familar with it? If not which product do you give Top Dog Rank for joint care and why. I appreciate any insight you can give me and Kodee's joints thank you.

~ Ramblings by Debbie!


Click the logo to visit more bloggers hopping this Saturday!

4 Comments:

houndstooth said...

Okay, darn it! Now you know that I'm going to have to go and look at her blog! I am drooling over that canvas on her wall during that interview.

Kirra said...

Always a joy and education, coming over to your blog.

Captivating read.

Enjoy the weekend.

Pup Fan said...

I still have a lot to learn about my DSLR... I'm heaidng over to Scruffy Dog now!

Kristin G. said...

Enjoyed the video! How sweet are those two lapdogs!?! I've had my DSLR for almost 2 years now. Still learning, but loving every minute!

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page