March 10, 2010

Surf Dog Ricochet, The SURFice Dog!

Photo by Diane Edmonds (thank you Judy and Ricochet for giving me permission to re post this)
I came across an amazing dog today, Surf Dog Ricochet, The SURFice Dog! From the minute Ricochet was born she trained to become a service dog and hopefully one day be of assistance to a disabled person in need.
[Read More...]

Ricochet was part of the Puppy Protegies and Neo-natal Early Learning Program. However when Ricochet became older her obsession with birds was a distraction (here with Kodee its all about the squirrels).
Ricochet explains
"But, they tell me I'm a little too interested in chasing birds, and other small animals. So, my career path changed, and instead of becoming a service dog, I became a SURFice dog! Now, I have a personal initiative called "Surfin' for Paws-abilities" which raises awareness, and funds for charitable causes. Puppy Prodigies carved out this new job for me, and I'm so happy I was able to stay involved in the program"
The heartwarming video below has not only helped to spread awareness but has also raised $10,000 in donations. Judy was kind enough to let me re-use her picture and thrilled we can "pay forward" by spreading word on this great cause. Please forward her video and consider making a donation.

Watch Ricochet in this inspirational video beginning with her birth.

~ Ramblings by, Debbie



Go Fetch! First Dogs Surf, Now An Alpace in Peru?!

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page